Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Airplane ride

So before we left for adventure to OK I was praying and telling myself everything was going to be fine. That I can travel 20 hours with Locke in my lap. People will be nice and the stewardess will help me. I WAS WRONG! It was the most HORRIBLE thing I have ever done in my life. It started out ok the first leg of the trip was from Guam to Honolulu (8 hours). Locke slept most of the time and I was just uncomfortable but it wasn't bad. The second leg of the trip from Honolulu to Houston was another story. First of all I paid for an extra legroom seat. I was sat next to a very large man that took up part of my seat. He should have had to buy two seats. It was unbelievable. The steward and stewardess on this flight were young and very immature to say the least. But, they saw what was going on and snickered about it to eachother. People on the plane were coming up to me asking why they didn't do something about it because it was ridiculous. This plane ride was another 8 hours....the longest 8 hours of my life. No sleep, no food, and no drink for me for over 24 hours by the end. I do not recommend flying with a one year old. Thank God my mother in law is flying back with me or I wouldn't be going back.
OH I did send in a complaint to the airline. The refunded my extra legroom and sent me a gift certificate. They also said they would use some of my quotes for there monthly newletter. It made me feel a little better. Maybe the next mom that comes through will have it a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment